Peter93
I found out that some of the thought icon features are not working correctly:

- Sometimes they don't seem to refresh directly on the Plex after assigning (I have to hover over the thoughts with my mouse to make them appear)

- The "paste icons" option doesn't work, it's just greyed out even when I copy images on the clipboard (I used this feature a lot before, so I'd be really missing it)

- "capture icons" seems to be broken too -> it just freezes after I captured an image (can't close the thought icon window). However, when I reopen the brain, the captured icon is there

My specs are:
Mac OS X 10.8.5
2,3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB DDR3 ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT
Java 7 Build 1.7.0_45-b18
I downloaded the Java 7 version of TB 8.0.0.1
I work on a Mac Book Pro retina screen (which is where I use TB most of the time) synchronized with a normal TFT flatscreen

Here are some suggestions for the thought icons:

- Tag all icons and make them searchable, because sometimes it takes too much time finding the right icon just by looking at them. When I just search for icons on http://www.iconarchive.com for example, it's much faster for me to just copy + paste the icons in TheBrain

- Implement a "search on web" option so you can search for icons on the web inside the brain (for example using the link above)
jbaty
> Sometimes they don't seem to refresh directly on the Plex after assigning (I have to hover over the thoughts with my mouse to make them appear)

I've seen the same thing. Not consistently, though.

Tag all icons and make them searchable

Yes. Or just name them something relevant and allow a search. Also, it would be nice if the icon window remembered its size and position and the group that was last selected. Having to resize and select a group each time is not ideal. Perhaps a set of "favorites" would be useful.

And per another thread, I'd like to add my own folder of icons.

Even as it stands, the icon chooser is much improved over v7, so thanks.

zenrain
Quote:
The "paste icons" option doesn't work, it's just greyed out even when I copy images on the clipboard (I used this feature a lot before, so I'd be really missing it)

Ha, I was just about to submit the same thing. This is annoying.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
I haven't been able to replicate these, even in the same Mac environment.  Can you send me a URL with an image you are copying to the clip board to get the greyed out image.  Again, it's working for me every time.

Thank you for the tip on tagging icons.  I'll make sure this is on our feature request list.

Also, the 'search web' feature is there.  Click on F4 on a PC, or click on Options > Web Search.

Thank you,
Matt Caton
Peter93
All issues I had with thought icons are fixed now with the new version. Thanks guys!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software