JohnBB
Hi,

Copying a thought URL and consuming it will open a new instance of TheBrain rather than navigating to the thought in the already open instance. Biggest problem is that the thought URL navigate operation will fail because the brain is already open in an existing instance.

"brain://8E18EDAB-0917-2076-3C14-CD686EDBC17A/31207C8A-9033-0F4F-CD86-6CCD00D92F03/Adornments"

Am I missing something?

Regards,

pthompson
John,

I have tested this on my end and do not see any issue. As long as the Thought URL comes from the already opened Brain, it simply navigates to the Thought.
JohnBB
Thanks for testing it out. I double checked again and it still opens up a new instance every single time from RUN,IE & Firefox. Have to note that this is on Win8 though. I've posted my registered URI Scheme, looks ok but maybe something went missing in the install on win 8.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\brain]
@="URL:Brain Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\brain\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\TheBrain\\TheBrain.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\brain\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\brain\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\brain\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\TheBrain\\TheBrain.exe\" \"%1\""
pthompson
John,

I also tested this on Windows 8. Are you sure the copy/pasted Thought URL is from within the same Brain?
JohnBB
To start, only one Brain.

I realized my first observations weren't entirely accurate. What happens are as follows, starting with my one and only brain minimized.

1) Activate the link.
2) A new instance of TheBrain is started.
3) *The new instance is shown having NO brain, basically the empty screen where you can pick a brain.
                 * The navigate does happen on my active brain in the background.

I never really noticed the navigate happen as I was presented with a new,empty instance of TheBrain.

So I can confirm that the navigate does work, but it's slow as a new TheBrain instance has to load and you're not being presented with the navigated thought as the brain window containing the thought is not restored. That being the case you'll end up with an empty instance per navigate which I doubt would be WIA.
pthompson
John,

Perhaps we can setup a web meeting to troubleshoot this in person. Please contact me at support.thebrain.com or by emailing support@thebrain.com if you would like to set something up.
fernandopcoelho
Hi,

I just posted an identical question in the "how to" pages!!
I have the same problem.
I'm running windows xp without administrator rights, although the brain was installed with administrators rights. Could be related with that?
Did you already solve this annoying issue and, if so, can you please share the solution?

Regards,

Fernando,
JohnBB
fernandopcoelho wrote:
Hi,

I just posted an identical question in the "how to" pages!!
I have the same problem.
I'm running windows xp without administrator rights, although the brain was installed with administrators rights. Could be related with that?
Did you already solve this annoying issue and, if so, can you please share the solution?

Regards,

Fernando,

Hi Fernando,

Sorry, have been too busy to take it further(2:25am) and am sorry to hear you also have the same annoying problem. Hopefully you have additional input that can help solve the problem. I for one am running with full rights but who knows what Win8/Java is doing in the background.

Regards,
fernandopcoelho
Dear support team,

I think it is far from reasonable, that this issue was not still addressed by you.
Can you please give me some feedback.

Thx,

Fernando Coelho
zenrain
Did either of you e-mail support so they could take a look at it with you? It would probably help them narrow down what the issue is.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
As zenrain mentioned, if you can contact us at support@thebrain.com we can set up a web meeting to go over this in person and find a solution. Thanks.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software