jperegrino
Hi, running 9.0.123.0 on MacOS.  Trying out the mind map view.  I currently use a separate mind map program because for some things, a mind map view is clearer -- especially when I need an "everything out in the open" view of a concept.  I've always wanted to have a mind map view in TB because for the most part it's the same info.  In fact in many cases, after I'm done with a mind map, I import it into TB.

1) In the TB9 mind map view, the thoughts are truncated with "..." after a certain length.  Can there be an option to turn that off?  I've imported a recent useful mind map and now it's hard to use because I've got many thoughts that start with the same few words and now they look identical unless I hover over them.

2) Is there anyway to move a thought and its children?  I really love a more spread-out view in my mind map than the compressed view (i.e. the current compressed view that seems minimize real estate).

Thanks,
-James
-- Mac Brain user since v1.x 8,678 thoughts and counting!
zenrain
In preferences, Look & Feel, the Spacing slider will give you a bit more room. Also, resizing the font to make it smaller may help with the truncation. Finally, expanding the plex to full screen may help too (under Preferences, UI, check maximize on double click, it's easier than the arrows). 

This may or may not help with the truncations and spacing issues you are running into, but it's worth a shot.  [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
zenrain
Also, as general feedback, MindMap view has cemented itself as part of my workflow, I always have one tab in my Brain that uses the view. Really nice addition.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
JasperToo
I really like the new mind map view!!!  

the only thing I have noticed that I would like to see is this view does not seem to include Jump thoughts and I haven't found a way to include them..
pthompson
JasperToo,

Jump thoughts are definitely included.

Normal View:

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 2.46.14 PM.png 

Mind Map View:

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 2.46.24 PM.png
mcaton
I take it you are referring to Jump Thoughts from a non-active Thought, correct?  I'm sure we've tested this scenario, and removed them from view for display purposes.  I'll make sure the request is documented.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software