PaddyVA
I just had a thought -- that it could be helpful to have a Thoughts Timelines Thought -- so, I created one from the Report function, for all thoughts I've added since Jan 1 this year -- 477 so far. Makes it easy to go back and scan what I've added, and maybe add some new links.

I had a quick chat w Jay in Support, and asked if there was any other way to do this; he said there isn't, but it was an existing feature request. I searched this topic in Forum, but didn't find other comments; so I'm throwing it out to see if others are interested, or if you have worked out some other workflows.

Pat
mcaton
Pat,

Thank you for posting and for your interest in TheBrain. I believe we have this feature request documented as "Saved Reports" so users can quickly access a report with multiple filters applied.  Are you saying that you would like to see the actual Thoughts in TheBrain Timeline according to when they were created and/or edited?

Thanks,
Matt
PaddyVA
@mcaton Yes, Matt, I'd like a timeline of actual thoughts by date, created or edited, and would also be good to have optional ranges, like 30, 60, 90 days, or a user specified range, that would be automatically created.

Can do this now with the Reports function, then copy and paste to a thought. Reason to do it is to be able to browse easily everything added in a certain period. My workflow has become to add everything through the BrainBox feature, or directly by drag and drop, to a BrainBox Intake, and then to link to other main thoughts, and unlink from the BB Intake once a day on my PC.

More linkages may be discovered later by browsing the full list, or to refresh memory of what it was or where I put it.

I could just leave everything attached to the BB Intake, but the list becomes too long and too slow scrolling to browse it.
TimelineThought.png

mcaton
Thanks for the follow up.  Displaying Thoughts by time is an interesting concept that has been discussed many times in the past. Of course, as I'm sure you are aware, TheBrain does have a built in Timeline feature. This feature, however, displays events that have been added to TheBrain, not individual Thoughts once they are/were created.

I'll add your thoughts on this topic to our internal documentation/feature request.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software