Rob2050

Is it possible to get a list or report of Thoughts with no parent? It occurs to me they are "pinnacle" topics or things that should be connected elsewhere, both of interest!

Thanks,

Rob.

Rob2050
Ok. So there is a report that does exactly this. I don't use Reports very often, maybe I should?
NickMilner
They're surprisingly helpful, especially for gardening. 🙂
Rob2050
@NickMilner what other gardening do you do from the reports?
NickMilner
Every so often I use reports to check consistency. For example, each customer is represented by a thought of type :Customer and they should all be tagged with...
  • Tier. E.g. #Top50, #Top100, #Below350 etc. This is an indication of their importance
  • Vertical. The industry vertical or verticals in which they operate
I can use this information to target specific customers when we have new products or services, for example.

Problem is I often forget to add the tags, especially if I'm rushed. So, every so often I run my saved "Customers awaiting setup" report which shows all :Customer thoughts that don't have any of the tier or vertical tags configured. I currently have 28 of them. :/

Another, slightly more involved example is ensuring that all my 😮pp (sales opportunity) thoughts have URL links to their Salesforce opportunity record so I can keep an eye on what the sales department is up to.
  1. I run a report called "All opps" which simply includes all thoughts with the 😮pp type (a subtype of :Engagement)
  2. Click the menu button and "Add All to Selection". This makes the selection box appear on the left with all the sales opportunities from the report.
  3. Run a second report called "Opps with SF link" which shows all thoughts "By attachments" with a "URL attachment" called "SF Opp".
  4. Click the menu button and "Remove All from Selection" this time.
This leaves me with a selection box containing all sales opportunities that I haven't yet set up a Salesforce link.

Stuff like that. 😉
Rob2050
Sounds like you are using The Brain like a CRM system... interesting! Thanks for the info!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software