Canuckistan

I like tips. I find them a great (snappy) way to learn how TheBrain operates.

Yes, I can scroll through them, but if I deviate by doing something else in TheBrain or another program, or clicking the desktop ... Poof! They're gone until I restart TheBrain.

How about an option that permits Tips to remain onscreen so that users can scroll and read at leisure?

=====

I'm creating a Tips Wordfile ... Anybody interested?

John
Canuckistan
To be clear... The Wordfile I'm prepping is a list of the TheBrain's tips.

BTW... Does anybody have a tip which is not in TheBrain's list of tips?

John
DavidGretzschel
@Canuckistan
I don't know, whether I have any tips not in the list. Cause I could never bother to deal with the terrible interface long enough to actually read them all 🙂
But probably lots. I'd very much like that wordfile, though.
Though I'd just copy and paste the content into a Thought's md-Note in the Reference-part of my Brain.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel
Though I really think that the tips should be collated and be turned into an appendix of the manual.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Canuckistan
Hello David... Good to hear from you... Give me a couple of days ...

I don't know how to attach a file within the TB messaging system... Would you mind telling me your email address?

Mine is:
john.parkyn@rogers.com  

I agree with you re the appendix ... And perhaps also putting the list under LEARN on the website.

John
mcaton
No need to restart TheBrain to get the Tips window back.  Just click on Help > Show Tips.

Thanks,
Matt
Canuckistan
Sad to say, Tips recall is not working on my MBP Pro (2015) using TB v10
metta
@Canuckistan & @DavidGretzschel & @mcaton ~

Just now found 2 related feature requests from David:
[UI] please make list of tips accessible somewhere in .txt-form or as a part of the manual <== See feedback from Harlan
[UI] tips should stay open, unless closed; Application>show tips should be a toggle

Matt, could you confirm which of these requests have been documented?

FWIW, John, I've bookmarked a lot of additional hints & tips in my private "test" brain. Maybe someday I'll find time to share more of them....

In the meantime, I have a shared a handful of tips in my TB11 Demo brain, in case they might be helpful.

I will also contact you directly, John, about getting a copy of your tips documentation, hopefully sometime this weekend. Thanks for your generosity in offering to share! ðŸ™‚

danlandrum
@metta Thanks for sharing your TB11 Demo brain tips. It only took a moment for me to discover something useful by reading your notes on the benefits of secondary notes. You are appreciated. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
metta
@danlandrum ~ 

Great! So glad to know you found a tip that was helpful, Dan. Thanks so much for your kind words and your thoughtfulness in letting me know.

You, too, are appreciated. ðŸ™‚
mcaton
The entire list of Tips is currently available at  https://bra.in/8qVZPE . It was recently updated and should be included/updated in the v11 manual very soon.

Metta - Thank you for bringing that "tips should stay open" request to my attention. I'll make sure it is documented.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Quick follow up.  I know the online version of our 98 tips needs some editing/formatting.  Stay tuned...

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software