dyslucksia
PB 5.0.5.6 on Windows

The mills of improvement grind slowly, but at last we are seeing more user-friendliness in creating and using Thought types. Well done, PB team.

In PB 5.0, the Main Menu > Thought > Thought Type submenu begins subdividing, like an amoeba, once the total number of thought types exceeds 20. Well, if you need near or over 20 thought types, you should be thinking about using a macro to select them, so in practice it's PB's attempt at self-preservation, and not likely to bother many.

In PB 5.5, the same menu keeps extending, like a giant shopping list, first downwards, then when it hit the bottom of the screen, upwards! When it can't fit on the screen any more, it develops a nice scrollbar - which overlaps the last two letters of the longest Thought type.

Before
After

While waiting for them to address this, you can work around it by making a dummy thought type with a name longer than any other types by at least two letters; then the rest will fit in nicely.

In PB 5.5, it's great to see a New Type Main menu option, meaning that you don't have to drill down into a particular Thought's properties in order to create a new type.
However, it's a pity we can't R-click on any thought type on this list and get an Edit (type) menu option too.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
Moe
Thanks Dys, This has been noted and is being looked into by the engineers.

Best regards,
Moe

dyslucksia
The overlap is fixed in 5.5.0.8 and the narrow white border is a lot more attractive, thanks:

However, may I request that at least one extra space be inserted between the last character of the longest type name and the border? Not only is the border hard up against the name, which looks bad, but without a trailing space, the user can't tell whether the type name is Good Deed or Good Deeds, i.e., still can't be sure that PB hasn't occluded one or more characters.

The same should be carried out for the Tags drop-down list.

Thanks.

Moe
Dys, Thanks for the post. It looks like this is only the case on XP. I have noted this for the developers.

Thanks,
Moe

dyslucksia
Thanks Moe! XP again the only OS on which this happens? I can see I'm going to have to upgrade to Vista.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software