sandbags
So I've looked through the menus and the keyboard shortcut options and nowhere can I find anything that looks like the ability to toggle the notes view from the keyboard.

Am I being blind? If not this would significantly enhance my experience.

Bonus marks if you could have it remember a couple of different sizes. What I mean is I want the notes pane in three different configurations.

Closed - as much room for the Plex as possible
Open - enough room to read the notes
Wide Open - i'm focused on editing notes, not the plex

Best,

Matt

zenrain
I think you are looking for Preferences > Keyboard > Splitter Left or Up / Splitter Right or Down (at the bottom, under the Windows section).
From a fully maximized plex, splitter left will go to the partial window notes view, then to the full notes/attachments window view. 
From fully maximized notes/attachments splitter right will do the reverse.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
sandbags
Thanks zenrain.

I was looking for "Notes" when I browsed, not "Splitter". Thank you.

If I am looking at the Plex and hit Cmd+Shift+A (bound to splitter left or up) I get the notes window in the splitter. If i hit it again I get the notes window taking up the whole screen. While I do want it to have some focus I probably don't want it to hide the plex entirely. If I hit it a third time... I get a beep.

Then I hit Cmd+Shift+S (bound to splitter right or down) and it goes back to 50%. Then I hit Cmd+Shift+S again and the notes disappear.

This feels rather counter intuitive to me.

I was expecting something like:

Toggle splitter on/off
Toggle splitter vertical/horizontal

I can't follow the logic of how it seems to work at the moment.

m/

zenrain
Quote:
I can't follow the logic of how it seems to work at the moment.

It's basically the keyboard version of using the little arrow keys on the splitter. The Splitter left is left arrow, splitter right is right arrow. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software