sandysantra Show full post »
sandysantra
Thanks, Patrick!
gpatten
This is not quite what I'm seeing: if I close a Brain and reopen it without quitting the app, then yes, the toolbars remain closed. But if I close a Brain and quit TB, when I relaunch it, the Brain comes up with the toolbars open, regardless of their state when I closed it.

TB 7.0.4.5 Pro on OSX 10.8.2, Java 1.6.0-35.
pthompson
Sandy,

I have edited some of your post because I do not feel it is constructive in anyway. 

This feature does work. Here is a video displaying the process:

And as we explained in our phone conversation, I have brought the exporting of OPML issue to the attention of our engineers.

sandysantra
pthompson,

I'm confused. Are you saying that gpatten is lying about how TB7 behaves?  gpatten tested the issue and reported findings.

I viewed the video. It's looks as if the issue was fixed. So I'm very confused as to why/how gpatten could report different findings.
gpatten
I see what is happening: Patrick and I mean different things by "close the toolbars". The video shows the auto-hide function being toggled, and this I can replicate: if I hide the toolbars and quit TB, it remembers the state I left it in. But if I close the toolbars in my sense by maximizing the plex using the top right-hand corner button or with the corresponding keyboard command (so that they vanish entirely, without even the strip at the bottom of the screen), then this is not remembered. Sorry about this: I should have been clearer.
sandysantra
Thanks. It's really hard to make out what's going on in the video. It appears that first the cursor clicks on a drop-down menu at the top and selects an option.  Do you know what that option is? I can't read it.

Then the video creator does two different mouse clicks within the toolbars area to hide the toolbars.

Do I have this correct? Three different keystrokes in order to hide the toolbar, but that effectively sets the default state of TheBrain so that when it is reopened, the toolbar is hidden?

Thanks so most for posting, gpatten.
gpatten
The first click on the drop-down menu is to select "Advanced Tools Layout." This is not the default setting of the toolbars at first start-up, but is remembered once set and allows for the auto-hide option. A click on the yellow button on the notes pane and on the thought pane then reduces them both to tabs at the bottom of the screen, from which they can be pulled up again at any time. When TB is re-opened, they're still in that reduced/hidden state.
sandysantra
Thanks, gpatten!  Sounds promising.
pthompson
gpatten explained it correctly. I can make a clearly video if needed, but basically:

• Navigate to Options and select Advanced Tools Layout.
  • Toggle each tools section so that it is hidden at the bottom of the plex.
  • As long as these options remain the same and the tools are hidden anytime TheBrain is closed/quit, TheBrain will remember the options when reopened.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software