wordmuse
When I do a search and the instant suggestions appear, I would find it very useful if, as I mouse over the choices, I could see breadcrumbs of a thought's a thought's parents or the word "multiple" if a thought has more than one parent. 

The reason: homonyms. I am forced to including "parent info" in a thought's title so that when I do a search, I don't have to click through items to find the right one. Simple example: a data base of our solar system.  One of the items I might have as children for each planet is "moon(s)" with grandchildren for each of the planet's moons.

If I search for moon, then I would get 6 hits for children under Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. I might have 8 if I included Mercury and Venus with the child "none."  Having the breadcrumb as a tooltip makes it easy to pick the right one. Otherwise, I have to press Enter and then go through the search list, which for several reasons I'd rather not have to do.

Let me know if this needs any clarification.
- Bal

Steeph
Doesn't it already do that?

See the screenshot.

Or I'm misinterpretating your post of course. Click image for larger version - Name: Snagit.png, Views: 91, Size: 9.79 KB
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
wordmuse
Your're right - for "homonyms" it works just as you say. I don't know how I missed that.  Thanks!

- Bal

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software