rustyedges
I've been using TB9 on large touchscreen monitor with Windows 10 fairly successfully, and was excited to see the new feature release notes...until I tried to use.  In just the first minute I've realized that while have a nice create new thought interaction, I've lost....

can't ctrl+touch a gate
can't ctrl draw a box to make selection
can't press and hold thought to paste URL
can't press and hold a link to unlink thoughts
can't press and hold to change attachment display
can't drag from thought gate like is habit

In other words, entire normal touch functionality has been overridden???
Harlan
Prior to .195, could you successfully use your finger to select links and operate gates? If so then there is no need for the change that was made.

.195 treats finger interactions the same way that we do when we are running on a iOS or Android tablet/phone. In these scenarios selecting gates and links via touch is very difficult and error prone due to the precision that is needed to hit the small target areas.

It sounds like we'll need to add a preference for whether to disable gates when interacting via touch. I guess because your touchscreen is large these changes not necessary... (We are using a Surface tablet here for testing touch interaction.)
Regards,
-Harlan
rustyedges
Yes, and even on my touchscreen laptop too.   Lots of interactions are now impacted, so at least a preference to turn this off is much needed.
rustyedges
more follow up on importance of this option.  I can't use touch to activate notes, to select thought from search results, to activate a different tab and more.  While I often stick with keyboard shortcuts, I'm increasingly and naturally mixing both on new all-in-one and my touch laptop.  and TB9 is painful in this regard now
Harlan
rustyedges wrote:
I can't use touch to activate notes, to select thought from search results, to activate a different tab and more.

Is that a change? Or something that was always a problem?
Regards,
-Harlan
rustyedges
To the best of my knowledge, this was all possible before the specific touch gestures for thoughts were added in .195
rustyedges
pinging this thread again as really hoping a configuration option to turn this off is forthcoming.  Seems to impact so many interactions that I'm having a hard time using on my touch laptop.
Harlan
Yes, this is already in the queue to be worked on. FYI, on initial investigation it did not appear that the changes we made in .195 were the cause, but we have not had time to go deep into this issue as of yet.
Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
I realize this is an old thread, but we've recently added a feature for setting "Touches should be treated like mouse input" . This check box shows up on the Behavior tab in your Brain Preferences.  The "Touches" option is now available in v10.0.44 which is currently on the Alpha Channel.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
More info also available at https://www.thebrain.com/docs/touches-info

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software