mctrexler Show full post »
pthompson
Great suggestion. I would say the closest we have to something like this is:

I will discuss with our team about making a video to train users on how to use webbrain.
metta
Fabulous! Thanks so much for your consideration on this, Patrick.

We'll be looking forward to your feedback once you review this idea with your team.

Thanks again! :-)
metta
Audio tour post script: Mark, I just now tried accessing the audio files on your mini-demo brain, and they each downloaded instead of playing:
-- https://webbrain.com/u/19Ps

Is this what you intended?

IMHO, playing would be much preferable to downloading.....
metta

As another post script to our discussion of webbrain mini-demos and videos for new webbrain users, I thought you especially, Mark, might be interested in seeing this 2013 video guide to Howard Rheingold's Think Know brain (f you have not already seen it before):

It is interesting that Howard actually made his video using the desktop version of his brain which is (apparently) what he shares with his Think Know course students.

Apart from a minor confusion between jump thoughts and sibling thoughts, he points out several of the basic features included in your mini-demo brain along with the outline display option in the desktop brain which his users apparently can access once they download his Think Know (brain) course.

For those who are interested in diving deeper, here are more details about Howard's course:
-- http://socialmediaclassroom.com/host/think2/

mctrexler
Metta, as far as I can tell there is no alternative to the audio files downloading.  Hadn't expected that to happen, but I don't see any way to avoid it.  If anyone has a suggestion please pass it along!  

Will check out the training brain you point to. 

Mark
zenrain
You might also check out this portion of TheBrain User Knowledgebase. I tried to create a primer on how to use WebBrain for people unfamiliar with it. It's not a video, more like a step by step introduction in the software itself.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mctrexler
Zenrain, I should learn to look at the User Knowledgebase first.  Although in this case the 14-click hands-on tutorial to the Webbrain we've built takes the next step in terms of what you have as an introduction to Webbrain in the Knowledgebase.  What do you think?  

If you want a zip that could be easily added/adapted to the larger Knowledgebase happy to pass it along.

Mark
zenrain
Very nice Mark, looks like we took a similar overall approach, differing with the purpose and implementation of the containing WebBrain. I really like your directional arrows, they add flow. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software