markguy12
With the coming end of support for Windows XP, I'm looking to give Microsoft the heave ho and move my XP system to a Mac.

Has anyone transferred TB desktop from one operating system to another? Is there a way to export then import?

How can I transfer my Pro license from Windows to Mac?

TIA

TheBrain is great and I'd like to continue using it in this new environment.

Mark

Kriggel23
Don't worry, it's really easy to get from Win to Mac:
Install TB on you Mac.
Close TB on Win.

Variant A) If you got all attachments internal in your brain (I recommend this): Great! For each brain you want to "migrate", just copy the file <your_brain>.brain AND the folder <your_brain>_brain from Win to Mac, e.g. to "/Users/<your_user>/Brains".

Variant B) If you got attachments as links to external files: either move all those files into TB (and then use variant A) or create a BrainZip ("File > Create BrainZip"), copy it from Win to Mac, and open it there. Now check the previously linked files ...

That's all.

Now you can use your brain on Mac.

Concerning the license: I know that I've read somewhere in the documentation about it... as far as I know, the transfer you have in mind is covered by the license. In practice, you just have to Login to TheBrain Cloud Service once on Mac, than your license is verified.

A small detail: if you have any executables as attachment in a brain, or any link to an executable, it won't work any more, since you're now on a different OS now...

Kriggel23

markguy12
Kritggel23,
Thanks for the response. That's one more item I can check off before making the leap to MAC.

Regards,
Mark

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software