zenrain
Great new feature!

Several things:
1. Since you can only interact with the plex it would be good if going to transparent mode would automatically maximize the plex.
2. Going into presentation mode, maximzing the plex and then going to transparent mode doesn't maintain the maximization.
3. I fricking love that you can drag the plex and the minimized mode around by the menu/PB icon. Genius.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Moe
zenrain, Thanks for the feedback. I will put in a feature request with our developers for the functionality you describe. You can maximize the Plex further while in transparent mode using the small arrow located to the right of your Past Thought list (see screen-shot). Let me know if I have misunderstood your post.

Thanks,
Moe

Click image for larger version - Name: 1.JPG, Views: 162, Size: 56.35 KB
zenrain
Oh, thanks for pointing that out, I missed that. Wow, it's even cooler-er than I thought.

When the plex isn't maximized, when I went into transparent mode the plex stays the same size as it was, and the tools windows disappears. This lead me to believe I could only use the plex in transparent mode, and not access the tools window

After you pointed that out, I see that the tools are minimized but I still have access to them, by clicking the arrow buttons.

I take back my comment about the plex needing to maximize, I now see when the plex isn't maximized and you go into transparent mode you can drag a resizer tab on the right hand side around to resize the window. This isn't available when the plex is maximized, and it's nice to have both options.

Chalk it up to a learning curve.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
rhodes
Quote:
Since you can only interact with the plex it would be good if going to transparent mode would automatically maximize the plex.

I like the new transparency feature too, but disagree that one can only interact with the plex. Have you tried clicking the little black triangles at the bottom LH corner of the plex as in your screenshot? Try clicking the upward pointing one once, then again, and it opens up the notes/properties pane. Also try resizing the whole window using the resizing corner at the bottom RH corner of the (transparent) plex and you can end up with no plex but just a resizable rectangular notes pane that overlays the window underneath allowing you to copy and paste from the window to personalbrain. Neat! No need to force maximization.
Alan Rhodes
zenrain
Alan, I think our posts must have crossed in the intertubes.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software