Steeph
  • On Windows 7 The taskbar icon disappears when PB is switched to Transparent mode. Is this intentional? I hoped I would be able to switch to PB by typing Win-#. With # being the n'th program on the Taskbar counted from left to right. This works perfectly in all other modes.
  • The icon to show the notes tool doesn't seem to work (or I can't find it ). The little striped triangle just below the right end of the thick bottom line should be it, correct? That doesn't do anything.
  • If I click the thick line at the bottom of the transparent mode the notes and P&A tools are shown, but clicking the thick line again won't hide them anymore. I have to switch back to a 'normal' mode to get rid of them. 
Runing:
  • Win7-64bit
  • JVM 1.6.20 (=latest at the moment)
  • Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
  • Nvidia driver 197.45 64bit (build 8.17.11.9745 from 03/04/2010)
Thanks
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Harlan
The triangle at the bottom right is the resize handle. Drag it to resize the window.

The control to show/hide notes is on the left side of the splitter. You can also double click on the plex background (in the area around the active thought).
Regards,
-Harlan
Steeph
Harlan wrote:
The triangle at the bottom right is the resize handle. Drag it to resize the window.

Resize, of course, should have realised that.

Harlan wrote:
The control to show/hide notes is on the left side of the splitter. You can also double click on the plex background (in the area around the active thought).

Ok, now I see them. They're on the left side.
Can I suggest to make them a bit bigger and make them stand out somewhat more by using a another colour? (Bright) Yellow or something like that. A little bit bigger makes them also much easier to click, they are quite small now.

Thanks Harlan.

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
NorthFarm
Hi.

In PB 6.0.0.5 if you go to transparent mode and re-size the plex and go back you can no longer activate any thoughts. Also, I have my tags list to the right of the plex. When I revert back to normal mode, the siblings are half hidden behind my tags list.
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
mcaton
Hans,

Thank you for reporting this.  I've been able to duplicate the problem.  In the mean time, while we work on a fix, a quick resizing of the tool tabs will re-draw the plex and display all thoughts properly.

Thank you,
Matt
Steeph
The PB icon stays on the taskbar with 6.0.0.5. Fix confirmed. Works great, thanks for that.

Found something else though, nothing serious, just odd.

I'm able to get PB in 2 windows modes at the same time. I assigned accelerators to Float Mode and Transparent Mode under the Window menu item. I assumed that pressing either accelerator would switch from one mode to the other.

The Transparent mode seems to be a toggle mode though. Once to enable, again to disable. So when I press the accelerator for Float mode I get a weird both mode window. See screenshot.

Click image for larger version - Name: 2Modes.png, Views: 92, Size: 49.33 KB
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
mcaton
Yowza!  I just duplicated that one.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software