zenrain
It looks like in 6.0.0.6 we lost the ability to maximize the plex, go to transparent mode, and the plex stayed at full screen.
Now when the plex is maximized and you go to transparent mode the plex size is reduced to it's size prior to maximizing it. Can we get that functionality back?

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan

Noted. Thanks zenrain.

Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
In 6008, there is no option to go transparent.  Did it disappear by mistake or on purpose?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Harlan

If you don't see the option, that means you are running on an OS or Java version that does not support it. Transparent mode does not work in Linux nor in any version of Java less than 6 update 14.

Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
Harlan - About PB shows Java update 6-12 (see attachment).  I thought I was running 6-20, so I downloaded Java 6-20 and installed it but it still does not register on PB - it still shows 6-12. 

Would it be a good idea to have a PB function to update Java automatically?  I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

How do I make sure that PB6 sees the updated Java on a Win 7 64 bit machine?

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
bmac
Harlan - made sure that Java 6 update 20 was installed and also installed Java 6 update 20 64 bit just to make sure.  The attachment shows that 6 update 20 is in fact running, yet transparent mode does not show.

It is interesting that PB Help About still shows Java 6-12.

On a desktop PC running Win 7 Professional 32 bit, PB 6007 is installed and Presentation mode shows up there. In addition, the PB windows auto-hides with no problem.  About PB shows Java 6-20 installed.

All this seems to be leading to some issue surrounding 64 bit and recognition of Java 6-20 by PB6.

Click image for larger version - Name: 5-17-2010_8-25-01_AM.jpg, Views: 121, Size: 48.82 KB
Bill
Steeph
Have you tried uninstalling all java version and running a Java cleanup tool (do a Google) to make sure all traces of java are removed? And after that reinstall the latest version or course.

Older version of Java were installed next to any existing version, so you would end up with multiple versions. This is not the case anymore with the last few versions, but I don't know exactly in which version this behaviour was changed.

Edit: See this post for a java removal tool.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
bmac
Good call Steeph.  I followed your advice and uninstalled both 32 and 64 bit java and made sure there were no other JRE files laying around.  I also uninstalled PB6, just to make sure.  Then I installed the 32 bit version of Java 6 update 20 and re-installed PB6008.

The good news is that Transparent mode is alive and well. But, autohide still does not work properly.  Ugh!  The other piece of interesting info is that on the Help About screen, Java 6-20 shows up instead of 6-12.  Maybe that's progress.

Bill

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software