BigEd
I cannot seem to launch flv videos within PB. I have filetype FLV set to open with VLC in Vista, but PB doesn't launch it. I've tried having vids both inside the brain and outside, but no luck. Just a big circle, like it was going to launch, then nothing.

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot...

Ed
BigEd
BigEd
Does anyone have any ideas about this issue? I'm evaluating the Pro version and am almost sold, but I want to make sure that I can launch programs from within PB.

I can launch websites, pdf's, and text files, but can't seem to get VLC to launch when I click a flv file.

I'd appreciate any help...I only have a couple more weeks.

Thanks...

Ed
BigEd
Axla
Is it possible that VLC does not accept file structure strings longer than 1024 characters?

Excel has problems with too long File & Folder names.

I have not checked any VLC sites, and I have only brief knowledge of VLC as I've only used it at random intervals.
agnor
I am able to launch *.flv files from within Personal Brain (both internal and external attachments) and view them in VLC.  So it *should* work.

Check your task manager--is the VLC process running when you click on an attachment?  Can you open the video from VLC (bypassing the brain)?  Any system log files that you can check to see if VLC is crashing?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software