SteveZ
Hello,

I have been using PersonalBrain for about two months now and really like it. I have a couple of suggestions:
  1. Frequently I want to drag a file into PersonalBrain to a thought far from the one I'm currently working on, and it can be a bit of a distraction to have to hop around like that in the brain. Is it possible to have a temporary bin available so you can deposite files or URLs or whatever into the bin, then later on navigate to the thoughts you want to associate them with and then drag them from the bin?
  2. This one might be less complicated. I was thinking it would be nice if the background of the Plex could be made to display a list of common keyboard shortcuts, as a handy reference. In fact, maybe you could make an option to display more information there, such as the time or a stop watch or have a link to the local weather or something. Then optionally users could display this information -- grayed back so as not to dominate the screen -- in the Plex area, perhaps along the left margin.
Anyway, these are just two thoughts. Thanks.
Steve
rhodes
Hi Steve

I reckon there must be a way to create a virtual folder that can "look at" a folder on your hard drive where you temporarily store these files. Haven't done it myself but maybe someone else has.

As for the shortcuts, you could try using Capture Thought Icon to take a screenshot of the Help page that lists all the shortcuts, then pin the thought containing that screenshot icon to the pin thoughts bar up top in the plex, then all you need do is hover over it and the shortcuts will appear without your needing to make it part of the wallpaper. You could even make up your own list and use capture thought icon on that.

Another way I guess is that as you can set your own wallpaper, you could use Photoshop or something to plonk an image of the shortcuts into a wallpaper image and use that as your PB wallpaper.

Hope these ideas help.

Alan Rhodes
SteveZ
Alan,

Thank you for the recommendations of workarounds for my suggestions. Even though there may be a way to mimic a bin function in PB, I still think having that feature would be useful. I believe InfoSelect has something like that, and it is very handy.

Steve
Steve

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software