DavidGretzschel
I change my BrainTheme about as often as I change my clothes. The Notes Style is something I don't want to change with it. I have a desired setup for that and don't want my desire for a different Plex-Wallpaper ruin that.
There's no good reason for the BrainTheme to always reset the Notes Style to default.
It's very frustating that it does, actually. Please stop that.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
David,

The Notes Style is a component of the Brain Theme.  For example, if you create a Brain Theme called "cartoon" and the notes font is set to Comic Sans... and you decide to share your theme with others... you would want them to have the Comic Sans font in their notes.

Maybe it's just a change in process that would be the solution?  If you always use the same Notes Style... Create a Theme called TEMPLATE with this Notes Style.  When you want to change your Theme... start with TEMPLATE, and then make the desired changes to wallpaper, plex colors, etc. and save the new Theme.

Matt
metta
@mcaton ~

Thanks for the helpful theme (template) suggestion.
DavidGretzschel

@mcaton
I finally figured out the root of the problem.
The Plex updates immediately, but the Notes-style reverts to default only after a Brain-restart.
It also gives every indication that it didn't change the Notes-style.

more details and a demonstration of the exact offending behaviour/bug:
https://www.loom.com/share/666fa71916964d14869a1e57a8bccd20

Another reason to decouple NotesStyle from BrainTheme, is that changing the NotesStyle takes a long time.
For NotesStyle>Nocturne to be maximially be aesthetically pleasing you'd have to change "Background" to match "Page" as well.
(I don't usually bother, since getting the right grey involves too many clicks)
And Nocturne is the only "Prebuilt Style" that has a dark background (not counting the gharish "Console").
For some reason, the most important "Prebuilt Style" is last in the list, forcing me to scroll down.

Even assuming the updating process would be immediate and less confusing,  the "change in process" you laid out suffers from an additional disadvantage.
Assume I wanted to keep my NotesStyle untouched (which for me is very true), but would like to see a different wallpaper on the Plex:
Loading in a new wallpaper does not change BrainTheme>Colors.
So it would often force me to change all TheBrain-colors to contrast the new Wallpaper.
That's why I prefer very much just switching between the preset Themes, as they always change the BrainTheme>Colors with them.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software