Duke
Just upgraded to PB 6.0.0.7-b and activation is not possible because it won't recognise my PB5 serial. It recognises me as a user but not my PB5 serial?
(It worked on PB 6.0.0.0)

The following errors occurred:
A qualifying purchase record for PersonalBrain 5 was found, but the serial number entered is not correct

And when I do get to download a new activation file, it comes up as an invalid file???
Duke
Harlan
Duke,

The error message you posted is from the free upgrade page... You don't need to go to that page again - you should have a PB6 serial number already and you don't need a new one. Just re-enter your PB6 serial number in 6.0.0.7.

Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
The reason you are having trouble with the activation file is that you did not enter your serial number correctly the last time you tried to activate. You only entered the last 4 characters - you must enter the entire serial number in the activation page.
Regards,
-Harlan
Duke
Sorry, where's the serial number in full?

I go to PB5.5 on my laptop (rolled back) and all it shows in the help-about section is tha last 4 digits?

I noticed your reply below in another post, but I lost my activation after going from  6.0.0.6 to 6.0.0.7b

To clarify: Activation will be lost if you activated using 6.0.0.5 or under and then migrate to anything above 6.0.0.5 (ie 6.0.0.6 or 6.0.0.7). However, if you activate in 6.0.0.6 or above, it should not get lost again (ie if you migrate to 6.0.0.7 after having activated in 6.0.0.6). Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Duke
Harlan
Your serial number is not shown in PersonalBrain itself - it's supposed to be kept secret... I have sent it to you via email.

Is it possible your activation was lost when you went to 6.0.0.6, but you just did not notice? Did you re-activate when you had 6.0.0.6?

Regards,
-Harlan
Duke
Got it thanks Harlan,
It is possible, yes.
Upgraded 2 computers at once so I'm not real sure of the steps I took now. Sorry.
Duke

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software