BrentK
If I insert a horizontal line immediately below a list, I can't create a new blank line below the list by pressing enter and then hitting backspace to remove the number/bullet.  When I hit backspace the cursor removes the number/bullet but then jumps back to the previous line as if I had pressed backspace twice.

To get around this I delete the horizontal line and then re-add it with some separation between it and the list above it.

I'm running PB 6.0.7.1 on Windows XP Pro SP3.  My java version is 1.6.0_24.

mcaton
Brent,

You might want to try hitting Shift + Enter for the extra space.  This is a common issue in other applications as well, but Shift + Enter usually does the trick.

Thank you,
Matt
BrentK
Matt, pressing shift-enter only adds a new line to the current paragraph, so in this case the new line is just a continuation of the last bullet item in a list.  What I need is a new line that begins a new paragraph.
BrentK
Here's something else that happens when working around a horizontal rule line.  If you insert a date/time stamp immediately below the rule, and then press enter, an additional blank line is inserted between the date/time-stamp and the line where the cursor is.

This isn't necessarily problematic, it's just different than what happens when a rule doesn't exist.  But all of these oddities are enough to make me start using '---------' instead of using the 'insert rule' method.

mcaton
Brent,

Thanks for pointing these out.  We'll take a closer look at the rule issues.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software