Crescent
Moving PersonalBrain to new laptop and wanted to download the BrainZip of my main Brain. Followed the instructions onite and got the following error -

Firefox can't find the file at http://webbrain.com/downloadBrainZip?wicket:interface=:5:mainBorderownloadButton::ILinkListener::

Tried with a couple of different computers and multiple browsers on each - no joy

Any ideas?

Cheers

Crescent

mcaton
I've tested today and the download page http://www.thebrain.com/products/desktop seems to be working well.  Is this the location where you're trying to download TheBrain 7?

I wonder if a firewall is blocking the file.  You can also click on the link for the Zip Archive (same page, just below the download button).  Sometimes a firewall or anti-virus doesn't like the auto-installing in the main download.

Thanks,
Matt
Crescent
Unfortunately not I did not even know that 7 beta was available - going to have to play with that now

I use Webbrain to sync my brains between home and work. Work machine has died and new laptop replaces it. Installed PersonalBrain 6 and then tried to download the Brainzip of my main brain from webbrain.com (for the first sync) - I then got the aforementioned error (and still am ).

This does not seem to be the way it should work and I was wondering if anyone else was having difficulty downloading BrainZips or if there was something fundamentally wrong with my approach?

Cheers

Crescent

Crescent
Still unable to download my main BrainZip - getting variations of the error listed earlier - however I have a much, much smaller webbrain here too and I was able to download the BrainZip of that. No good for setting up my main brain, but hopefully useful to whoever is tasked with sorting this out.

Crescent

mcaton
Cameron,

Thank you for the update.  We're taking a closer look now at the .brainzip problem you have encountered.  We'll be in touch as soon as we're able to resolve this error.

Thank you,
Matt
Crescent
Thank you kindly I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Crescent

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software