The_Old_Ploughman

Hi Folks,

I'm new to TheBrain and have fallen at the fifth hurdle.
Dragging a URL from Firefox has this cursor Graphic_08_02_2020 22_49_16.png 
When the cursor reaches TheBrain's window it changes to this Graphic_08_02_2020 22_53_25.png 
I can drag and drop files from the pc

I am running Firefox v. 72.0.2 (64-bit)
with The Brain v. 10.0.65.0
on Windows 7

Ideas most welcome!

Fair winds

chris :-)

The_Old_Ploughman

Ah. I'm on the way to solving my own problem...
It's a Firefox thing and this page has the relevant fix information

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/windows-administrator-launcher-process-error-fix

The_Old_Ploughman

The issue is due to Firefox playing safe.

The full info is on this web page
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/windows-administrator-launcher-process-error-fix

These are the two ways to sort it out. I've chosen the

-no-deelevate
command line option

Quote:

How to fix

To fix the problem, users have two options.

Re-enable UAC

First, users can re-enable UAC on their PC. To do so, type UAC in the search field on your taskbar by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Search. Click Change User Account Control settings. To turn UAC on, drag the slider to Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default) and click OK. This option is the most secure fix available.

Start Firefox Using the -no-deelevate command

Alternatively, users can solve the issue by launching Firefox using the -no-deelevate command line option, either directly from the command line or by editing their Firefox shortcut to do so.

metta
@The_Old_Ploughman ~

Fabulous, Christopher! Welcome to TheBrain, and congrats on your good detective work! ðŸ™‚

Thanks also for taking time to share the workaround you found. This may be very helpful to other Firefox users in the days ahead. ðŸ™‹
The_Old_Ploughman

Why, thank you. It's the way I roll.

Strictly speaking I first used TheBrain waaay back in the 1990s (Personal Brain) but it didn't fit the bill and I've been a loyal ZOOTer, 'cos that did, ever since.

TheBrain has certainly changed since then and I now have a use for it.

I also wonder if I can get ZOOT and TheBrain to work together....

metta
@The_Old_Ploughman ~

Glad to know about your previous experience with TheBrain! I don't have experience with ZOOT, but I'm intrigued and will definitely take a closer look.

Hopefully someone else can comment on TheBrain/Zoot possibilities....

FYI, with a quick (advanced) search just now (here in the forum) I did find several earlier/older references to Zoot & TheBrain, in case you are interested....?
The_Old_Ploughman

Here is an old article about ZOOT. It is much improved these days!

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1997/08/zoot/376931/

The big difference between ZOOT and TheBrain is that you can throw information into ZOOT and sort it out later (Rather like Lotus Magellan (if you go back to DOS days) Magellan's problem, I'd say, was it needed far more computing power than was available back then on a pc)

So I "ZOOT" web pages, partial pages, documents, directories and can categorise them later on.
From what I've seen of Personal and TheBrain, you need to be more organised.

ZOOT's home page is here
https://www.zootsoftware.com/

For software written and maintained by one man, it is, frankly, amazing.
It suffers a bit from the fact that one man can't do everything. ZOOT is hugely complex and the Help files are never up to date! There is a fabulous and knowledgeable user community which more than makes up for that though.

Hang on. That's rather like you here <BIG SMILE>

Fair winds
chris :-)

metta
@The_Old_Ploughman ~
There is a fabulous and knowledgeable user community which more than makes up for that though.

Hang on. That's rather like you here <BIG SMILE>

Awww....Very kind of you to say so, Chris. Thanks. ðŸ˜Š

Very much appreciate the back story on ZOOT, and I'll be checking out your article link now....Thanks again! ðŸ™‚

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software