David
I get the error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This happens even on a cut down version of the load file containing just 1 thought:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE BrainData SYSTEM "http://www.thebrain.com/dtd/BrainData1.dtd">
<BrainData>
<Thoughts>
<Thought> <guid>CAT[tongue]roduct</guid> <name>Product</name> <isType>1</isType> <label>Product</label> </Thought>
</Thoughts>
<Links></Links>
<Entries></Entries>
</BrainData>

Harlan
Hello,

My guess is the problem is due to the guid you are using. TB9 expects real guids... We may be able to force it to generate a guid from the string you are currently using, but that's not ideal. If you can, try replacing the guid with a number.
Regards,
-Harlan
David
Thanks for your reply. I tried putting a real GUID in but received the same error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE BrainData SYSTEM "http://www.thebrain.com/dtd/BrainData1.dtd">
<BrainData>
<Thoughts>
<Thought> <guid>B99B7B0A-5328-4A7B-AA36-B40D4E774383</guid> <name>Product</name> <isType>1</isType> <label>Product</label> </Thought>
</Thoughts>
<Links></Links>
<Entries></Entries>
</BrainData>

mcaton
David,

This is certainly a "trimmed down" xml file.  Attached is a working XML file from a single thought v8 Brain.  Yes, there's a lot of extra text/code... but maybe you can compare the two files to find a happy compromise (or paste your content into the <Thoughts> area to test what works and what doesn't.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
You definitely can eliminate all of the attributes. Not sure, maybe it's upset that the source tag is missing. If you can't get it working, we'll investigate it later... Engineering is a little backed up at the moment.
Regards,
-Harlan
David
Thanks for sending the small working sample file. Using this file and after some trial and error, I found that my file works if I add the <source> and <attribute> sections plus the following lines:

<AttributeDatas/>
<Entries/>
<Attachments/>

mcaton
Great!  Nice detective work.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software