jsfirth48

This morning I received a warning from Bitdefender antivirus 2016 of a virus infection and that the file had been disinfected. 

The file was identified as brain9/../brain update service.exe and the virus as Razy.43880 (brain 9.0.82.0)

Now when I attempt to install Brain 9.0.93 the installation fails with error message. "unable to access update service.exe you may not have permission to access this file"

Cerebrum
I had a similar problem with Windows Defender which blocked the installation of 9.0.93.

There's something wrong or missing with the Windows version of the TB9 installation program. 
DoeJoe
Yeah me too. Avira antivirus warning and disinfection.
zenrain
See this post. It's a known issue and Harlan said they would work with the Antivirus vendors so they don't mis-report it as a virus closer to release.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Correct - still an open issue that we'll continue to monitor.  I hadn't heard yet of the Bitdefender issue - investigating that now.

Thank you,
Matt
mikesingleton
I had an issue too. This time Defender identified  Trojan: Win32/Gielclas.E!cl and associated it with the Brain9 update file.
mcaton
Thanks again.  We just received word from Bitdefender that the detections will be removed in the next signature update.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software