lvshuler

I just installed the beta yesterday. I can view the thoughts of only one of my two brains. When I try to switch to the other brain, I get a message stating that the other brain (I'm trying to switch to) is already open, but I'm unable to see any thoughts. In short, I guess I'm unable to successfully switch between two brains although both brain buttons are present. I searched the forum and saw that this was an issue with a prior beta version which was supposedly addressed by v 6.0.2.0.

Harlan
This message means you have another instance of PB open. Check in task manager and close all instances of PersonalBrain.exe that you find.
Regards,
-Harlan
lvshuler
Still no joy, but thanks for your reply, Harlan. It made me take a look at my startup folder, which included PB. That would explain the multiple instances.  I've since eliminated PB from automatically loading with Windows Vista 64-bit. However, I still get the message saying that the other (Toastmasters) brain is already when I click on it's brain button or select it from the file manual.

Task Manager is not helpful since Personal Brain does not (nor has it ever) appeared as a running app. Don't know why. Before replying to your message, I instaled the 6.0.2.5-b version to see if the problem persists. It does. Additionally, I opened the only other brain that I have (i.e., Shelly's Streamlined Writer Brain). It opens okay. However, my Toastmasters brain, which has about 3,000+ thoughts, still does not show up in the plex. Occasionally, I can get to the welcome to personal brain splash brain, which includes links to my 3 brains (including Shelly's). My main brain, which opens just fine, has about 6,000 thoughts.

The only other pertinent info I probably should have included in my original post is that I purchased the version 6 beta and installed it over my version 5.5. I've been using PB for over a year now (and I love it and could not wait for the official release). I was a beta tester for version 5, so I'm happy to provide anything you need to help resolve the problem. I really want to access my Toastmasters brain.  (Note: I did back up both of my brains and make a zip of each before installing the beta upgrade.  Thanks for your assistance.

LaVerne
Harlan
Please contact support@thebrain.com with the relevant details and someone will help you troubleshoot the issue.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software