gcortes
I was able to import a smaller brain to 9.0. When I tried to import my larger, older brain, I got the message "Unable to translate character \\uDF07 at index 289 to specified code page"

I suspect that it isn't a problem the application. I posted it here just sure. If it isn't a bug in 9.0, can you tell me how to find index 289?

Update

I found how to find a thought be internal id. I went that thought in the version 8 of my brain and deleted it. I tried to import it again and got the exact same error. I suspect the internal id refers to the new brain. The import doesn't leave a brain when it found this error so I have no way of checking it. I also tried searching for \\uDF07 in the old brain. It wasn't found.
Curt Rowe
pthompson
Curt,

Are you willing to share this Brain with us so we can have our engineers look into why this is happening? If so, feel free to email the BrainZip to support@thebrain.com. If the BrainZip is too large to email, let me know and I can provide you with information on how to send us a larger file.
gcortes
Sorry, no, it's personal brain. I've had some small experience debugging code. Is there anything I can do to get you more information?
Curt Rowe
pthompson
Curt,

Without access to a Brain that is exhibiting this behavior on our end, it is much more difficult for our engineers to find a fix. I understand your privacy concerns, but I would like to let you know that any Brains we receive from users are held in the highest confidentiality and are only used for testing purposes then disposed of securely when we are finished testing with them.
gcortes
So close. The compressed file is 5Mb too big to email.
Curt Rowe
pthompson
Curt,

Email us at support@thebrain.com or provide us with the best email to contact you and we can send you the information to send us a larger file. Thanks.
mcaton
Curt,

Great news! We were able to find a solution to this Brain import issue.

If an import from TheBrain 8 (TB8) fails from TheBrain 9 (TB9), it may be due to a problem with the continuous database backup, which TB9 uses for the import. Rebuild the backup and retry the import using the following steps:
  • Close TB8.
  • Inside this Brain's _brain folder, rename brain_cdbb folder to brain_cdbb.bak
  • Reopen the brain in TB8 and the folder will be recreated.
  • Close TB8 again.
  • Reattempt import in TB9.
The backup for this brain contained in the brain_cdbb folder is corrupt. Deleting this folder and re-opening in TB8 rebuilds the backup. Once rebuilt, import succeeds.

Please let us know if you have any questions.  We're happy to schedule a web meeting to assist you with this process as well - just let us know.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software