lhkosloff

I'm seeing an issue with my new laptop. When trying to capture an image for a thought icon, the destination screen magnifies itself such that the image I'm trying to capture is no longer in the position, or the size, I want to capture.

Example of an image as it looks when I capture it:
TheBrainIcon.png 
Example of the actual image before I do "capture thought icon":
TheBrainIcon.png 
I'm using Windows 10 on an Asus ZenBook UX305.  

Ideas, anyone?

Laura Kosloff

pthompson
Laura,

Any chance you can post a video of this process and/or the full view of what it looks like once it is in your Brain? Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.
danlandrum
Just a guess Laura, but is there any chance you might be zoomed in or our in your browser? Could it possibly be that TheBrain is attempting to grab the image at 100% resolution?
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
lhkosloff
I'm at normal resolution for the laptop screen, haven't zoomed in or out. On the old laptop (a 4 yr old Lenovo ThinkPad), if I went to capture an image for thought icon, the resolution would not change/magnify/totally change the way it does with my new laptop. With the new laptop, there doesn't seem to be a way to capture the image as it actually shows on the laptop screen. (I can use Snagit but that adds time/steps, so it would be nice to get the Brain capture icon function working properly...)

Are these two images below better?

What the laptop screen REALLY looks like:
image 2.png 
What the screen suddenly looks like when I've clicked on "capture thought icon":
image.png 

Does that help?
Laura
pthompson
Laura,

I've tested this on my Windows 10 machine and definitely don't have this issue. Are you sure you do not have an app or setting on your machine that is magnifying your screen?
lhkosloff
Hi Patrick,
Could you clarify what you mean by an "app out setting"? 

As far as I know, there is nothing magnifying the screen. It looks perfectly normal for every application except Brain thought icon captures. Do you have something in mind that I can look for?

thanks!
Laura

pthompson
Laura,

Sorry, I meant "app or setting". You can start by checking your task tray to see if you have any other apps running in the background (perhaps try closing them). Try a different web browser maybe or even try taking a screenshot of your desktop, for example. Does the magnification also happen there?
lhkosloff
Hi Patrick,
Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense.

It doesn't seem to matter if I have anything other than the Brain open or not -- perhaps I should have been more clear about that. It doesn't have anything to do with browsers or programs. It happens 100% of the time whenever I use the "capture thought icon" function. I've tried it in different Brains. Doesn't matter what browser, doesn't matter if anything else is running, doesn't matter what I am trying to capture whether it's an image online, in a program such as Word or Excel, or on the desktop. 

Yes, I, too, am thinking there is a setting somewhere in the new laptop that is causing this since my old, 4 yr old, slow Lenovo works just fine with the Brain (other than being so slow I could hardly use it anymore). But I don't know what to look for. Was hoping someone might have come across this. 

Laura
pthompson
lhkosloff wrote:

Yes, I, too, am thinking there is a setting somewhere in the new laptop that is causing this

Yes, that is my suspicion. You may want to take a look at system settings that refer to Accessibility, Display, or anything related to how your display functions.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software