punkmonksf
In the latest beta of PB, non-english characters do not display correctly. This is a follow up to my other post in the wrong forum, Harlan, with an image illustrating what I thought sounded like a very obvious and self-explanatory statement. Click image for larger version - Name: Plex.jpg, Views: 174, Size: 72.32 KB
punkmonksf
Additional observations:

These glyphs appear everywhere the text is shown. In the Plex and in the Properties & Attachments thought name field.

And the glyphs result in non searchable text.

i.e. Searching for Honoré

thought only shows up when typing Honor. Adding the é or a plain e results in no match on the search field.

Harlan

Please verify the exact version you are using. I couldn't replicate that in 4.2.1.8 nor 4.3.0.1 for that matter.

Regards,
-Harlan
punkmonksf
It started when using 4.2.1.7 and continues now that I've updated to 4.2.1.8

Karekin
punkmonksf
Unicode characters still won't display correctly. I wonder why this is? It seems in 4.2.1.8 that after I attempted conversion to 4.3x and reverted displayed correctly. Now it seems broken again.

Karekin
Harlan

Do the characters appear properly in the Properties and Attachments name area? Could it be the font you have selected for the plex?

Regards,
-Harlan
punkmonksf
It is also in Properties and Attachments Dialogue... and it now appears to be intermittent. Sometimes the proper characters appear, sometimes not. Can't nail down what seems to make the difference.
Harlan
That's very strange. When you say it's intermittent, do you mean that the characters appear on some Thoughts but not others, or do you mean that on the same Thought the characters will appear sometimes and not at other times?
Regards,
-Harlan
punkmonksf
It means that it will appear universally on the all thoughts at times and not at others.
Harlan
OK, well in the past problems with foreign characters displaying wrong has always been due data corruption due to using the wrong character encoding. But, the problem you are having can't be the same since sometime the characters re-appear normally.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I haven't been able to replicate on my Mac or PC. It would be good to pinpoint if there is something unique about the environment on which this happens. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software