mikesingleton
I have run into a variety of errors and failures of which some may have been my own fault. I would like to uninstall Brain 9 totally and then reinstall it clean. How should I do this (I don't see an uninstall in the Brain 9 directory).
mikesingleton
I should also have mentioned that I do not want to affect Brain 8 in any way [smile]
pthompson
Mike,

You should be able to un-install it just like any other application, using your Control Panel > Programs and Features. TheBrain 9 is installed into a different folder and will not affect TheBrain 8 installation.
mikesingleton
Thanks Patrick, uninstalled using 'programs and features' and reinstalled. (original brains remained)

I have no drag and drop to Plex but can copy and paste to Plex.
Cannot cut and paste in notes area (no right button context menu).

Is this normal in this version?

Also is there a way I can copy a thought and all children and paste in another brain in this version ?
pthompson
mikesingleton wrote:

I have no drag and drop to Plex but can copy and paste to Plex.

What are you trying to drag and drop? Form where?

mikesingleton wrote:

Cannot cut and paste in notes area (no right button context menu).

There is no context menu yet, but you can use keyboard shortcuts.

Example: CTL+X/CMD+X to cut, CTRL+V/CMD+V to paste, etc.

mikesingleton wrote:

Also is there a way I can copy a thought and all children and paste in another brain in this version ?

You can select Thoughts by holding down Ctrl/Cmd and dragging. 

Select and Copy.gif 
mikesingleton
Thanks Patrick, I was trying to drag a file from the desktop and drop it into the Plex and it doesn't work but I can copy the file on the desktop and paste it into the Plex

The ctrl drag copies the thoughts but not the children or attached files. I was looking for something like the crawl function from Brain 8 where you can crawl and copy thoughts and their child thoughts and any attachments.

pthompson
Mike,

What type of file and what system are you on. I just dragged and dropped a .jpeg file from my desktop into my Brain on my Mac OS X 10.11.2 without any issues.

The Crawl Brain feature is something that is written up as a feature parity "bug" and will hopefully be coming back soon.

mikesingleton
Thanks, I am using Windows 10
pthompson
And what file type are you dragging and dropping...? I've also tried on my Windows 10 machine and didn't have any issue dragging and dropping a .txt file.
mikesingleton
I've tried .txt and .pdf and .docx

As soon as I drag over the brain I get the circle with the line through it showing it is not a valid place to drop the file.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software