Hanshi
Two problems

I need to unlink some thoughts to certain thoughts.  When I right click on a link, I get the unlink label.  It is dim and it is inactive, ie clicking it doesn't unlink the link. 

Second problem is that when I right click a thought, I don't get either a choice to forget or delete the thought.  Help!  This is preventing my use of the Brain.

The first problem began after I updated to the latest version.  The second problem has frequently occurred.
Darkstar

What version of PB are you using? Is it the latest release or beta version?

-Darkstar
Hanshi
I am using 4.1.3.6

Thanks

Tracy
Hi,
Thanks for reporting this. I have never heard of this. Can you download version 4.5 from our website and let me know if you still experience this?
Thanks
Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
mcaton
Sounds like you may be trying to unlink a Virtual Thought.  Virtual Thoughts are visualizations of an existing folder structure on your PC.  Did you drag a folder from your computer into your PersonalBrain? 

They can not be unlinked in the plex, because this would be the equivalent of DELETING the folder back in the original directory.

Only native thoughts can be unlinked, forgotten or deleted.

Thank you,
Matt
Hanshi
Matt & Tracy,

Yes, my problem is that I linked to a folder (thinking that I could make a quick link to a folder that I access frequently) that had a zillion files in it.  After I saw what it did to my plex I wanted to unlink a lot of those files to make it more manageable only to discover that I couldn't.  Any suggestions on how to "get rid of" those items brought in by dragging or attaching unwanted items? 

I tried to right click for the context menu and found that the choices did not contain either a delete or a forget.  Is this the case with virtual thought as well and if so, how can I get delete those thoughts if desired?

Thank you very much for your interest and followup.
zenrain
If its a virtual thought, right click on its link to the non-virtual thought and choose unlink.
Then browse away from it. It will still appear and be searchable until you close and re-open PB.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
mcaton
Another option would be to go into OPTIONS > PREFERENCES and uncheck the box for SHOW VIRTUAL THOUGHTS FOR FOLDERS.  You'll still be able to link thoughts to folders as an attachment, but the folder structure itself will not be mapped out in the plex.

Thanks,
Matt
Hanshi
Thanks Matt and Zenrain,

This has solved a dilemna  for me.  I was a little frustrated at the mess I had created and was almost ready to chuck my packed full brain and start over.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software