dkpalmer
I'm running Wondows 7 released version ( MSDN ). The beta runs fine - now @ 5.5.1.2-b - but every time I install an update it can't find the Java and downloads the version it wants. Executing a command java -version shows that I have Version 1.6.0-16 64Bit version installed.
Just wondering if the beta can't recognize the 64Bit Java version.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't.
NorthFarm

You are correct. You need to install the 32-bit version as well. You can install it by yourself by downloading the version you want and install it where you want instead of letting PB decide this for you.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
bmac
So isn't this still a bug for PB5? Shouldn't they update PB5 so it would be looking for the proper version of Java?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
dkpalmer

Don't think it's a bug. Just a 32bit/64bit compatability issue with Java.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software