danlandrum
My untyped thoughts report is empty, though I know there are a bunch of untyped thoughts in my brain (I'm using untyped as my inbox). The other thought type reports are functioning as expected.
TheBrain 8
Mac, Yosemite

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pthompson
Hello danlandrum,

First, please make sure you are using the latest version of TheBrain: http://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/download (You may also want to install the Java 7 and 8 version of TheBrain for Mac if you haven't already) and the latest version of Java: http://www.java.com/download (Java 8 if you are using the Java 7 and 8 version of TheBrain). After you have the latest versions installed, please try running these Utility Options: Check for Modified Attachments, Remove Redundant Notes, Repair Orphaned Attachments, and Rebuild Database. Some of these options can only be accessed by enabling TheBrain's hidden utility features. To gain access to these options, start by typing
*support*
in your Search field (please be sure to include the asterisks). You do not need to click the search button, just type the key phrase and this will enable the hidden utilities. Next, navigate to: File > Utilities and you will see the additional Utilities mentioned above.
danlandrum

Thanks for your assistance, Patrick.

Java and TheBrain are current versions. I ran all the suggested utilities, but unfortunately, nothing has changed. I get 0 thoughts when running the untyped thoughts report. You didn't suggest the Overhaul Database utility, should I run it?  

Java = Version 8 update 25
TheBrain = 8.0.1.3

OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
danlandrum
Oh no, now the search field isn't finding thoughts. Please help, working on a deadline and this is a flow mangler.  Not finding thoughts.jpg 

Edit (added the following info): I've just discovered that if I drill down to a thought that isn't being found by search and then add a child under it, both the the searched for term and the child will then appear in search. The siblings, however, still do not. I've tried this on multiple searches with the same results.

OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pthompson
danlandrum,

This is easily fixed by rebuilding your search indexes via: File > Utilities > Rebuild Instant Activation Index and File > Utilities > Rebuild Search Index. If you are still having trouble after running these, please let me know.
danlandrum
Rebuilding Instant Activation Index corrected the quick search problem, but my untyped thoughts report is still coming up empty. I've emailed you a zip of this brain per request. Thanks for looking into this problem.

OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
danlandrum
To close out this thread; the final solution to this problem was to copy all the thoughts from the problem brain and paste them into a new one. I did this by selecting the highest level thought, then using Crawl Brain and Modify Selection to select all the rest of the thoughts. 

Thanks Patrick for your help. 
OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software