Spacenexus
When dragging URLs into B7 (with both IE9 and Firefox), almost all of the time now the thought name appears but the url is not visible. When dragging in again the normal 'http://xxx is already attached, continue to add into brain' dialogue appears. I always have to redrag a new url and then the new thought appears with the url correctly attached. This was an inconvenience at best until it gets fixed.

However, i noticed today that deleting the thought with the url (so that no eveidence of it is apparent on the plex) and then again dragging the same url to make a new thought also results in the notification dialogue. When then invited to go to the Thought where the url is attached, entering yes simply leaves the plex at the active thought. This means that since using P7 i must now have dozens of these ghost thoughts that are incorrectly connecting in the plex hidden in the data structure. I'm guessing but this may have something to do with the freeze on Orphan Thought Report queries i made in an earlier post.

This is a concerning data structure issue and would be good to know the solution asap.

thanks

Jim

B7014, Win7 64bit

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
Spacenexus

As this problem is appearing all the time with P7 i checked through the forums and closest match i found is the Repair Orphan Attachments command. It's been running 12 hours already (!) but will see if it works.

Anyone else noticing orphaned attachment (url) issues?

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
pthompson
Jim,

Thank you for posting and sorry to see you are still having trouble with this. This is a known issue in IE9, however, it should work normally in all other browsers. Have you tried updating to the latest version of TheBrain 7 beta (7.0.1.5) and making sure you have the latest version of Java and all available system updates installed? Please also try restarting your computer after any changes are made to ensure everything is implemented correctly. If you are still having trouble after trying these suggestions, please let us know.

Regards,
Spacenexus
Thanks Patrick, i am using 7015 and have v.30 on Java32bit. As you know this has been happening for some weeks now so reboots etc happened many times.

The repair orphan attachments routine is still running (over 18 hours so far i think) so will let you know how many orphans are attached to the home thought when (!?) it completes.

How's the solution coming along to stop this happening in the first place?

thanks

Jim

PS: on a brain with 80k+ thoughts how long should this process typically take?
PPS: a progress counter as per search indexing would be useful for these repair processes - really don't know if TB is doing something or it has simply crashed.

@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Spacenexus
I feel like i'm only bringing tidings of 'bah-humbug' recently, but i'm pleased to say that 26 hours after activating the Repair Orphan Thoughts command, the progress bar 'progressed' from the first to the second image!  I can't say that i've ever heard of a recent program taking days to perform an operation this side of protein folding or galaxy collision modelling. Would like to know why a straightforward 'search for attachments not connected to thought' is taking so long, and whether there can be any improvement in the cycle time in a future release. Meanwhile my brain is in a coma - is it recommended that i kill the process and just wait for a future release when it is performing better?

thanks

Jim

Click image for larger version - Name: Oliver1.png, Views: 85, Size: 9.90 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Oliver2.png, Views: 84, Size: 11.58 KB
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Tracy
Hi Jim, 
Thanks for the updates on this. I will notify Patrick on this when he arrives this morning and we will be in touch with our recommendations and next steps for you. Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
pthompson
Jim,

Would you be willing to send us a copy of your Brain for some testing? We have a feeling this issue might be related to something specific to your Brain but need to do some testing to confirm this.

Regards,
Spacenexus

Thanks Patrick but that won't be possible. I guess after 40 hours I should kill the process. If you've replicated the issue with IE9 i'll wait for the fix for that. It seems likely that it is related.

Any other suggestions?

thanks

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Spacenexus
On closing the second 'progress' bar the attached image appeared. TB7015 CPU activity increased from a lull back to around 50%. It appears that i am in a human repeatedly closing progress bars. At least something is happening.

Luckily, this post isn't recording my audio right now but i would politely hint that on top of the issue in question, further work needs to be done on progress bars in TB.

thanks

Jim

Click image for larger version - Name: Oliver3.png, Views: 70, Size: 9.51 KB
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Spacenexus
Gave up and killed the process. Clearly a break in the code somewhere.

Was unable to open the file after and had to revert to a backup. Reminder to keep at those frequent brainzips, especially before any maintenance operation.

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
mcaton
Jim,

Thanks for the update.  Glad the backup worked.  I'll be contacting you soon to discuss with our developers.

Thanks,
Matt
Spacenexus
Unfortunately my first ever recovery from a brainzip has corrupted my database!!

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/Brainzip-Corrupting-Database-5651729

@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software