Kriggel23
It's not clear to me under which circumstances this function is triggered.

When it's triggered, the complete TB9 windows clears (becomes complete gray), and re-displays the plex after appr. one second.

It seems NOT to be triggered for the active thought at all, only for other, single thoughts, if the mouse cursor hovers over a thought - but not in any case, only sometimes.

The thoughts in question do have the same group of attachments:
  • one or two .kmz-files
  • one .csv-file
  • one or more .jpg-files
In most cases, the thought icon is just the "multiple attachments"-icon.

[btw.: small detail: the thought icons within the search list are not covered by this function?]

Kriggel23

Harlan
It sounds like you are experiencing a bug... #2831 automatically makes the first image attached to a thought into its icon. This only happens when the attachments are changed (re-ordered, added/deleted etc).

Can you post or send us a zip file of the attachments that are causing this problem? I suspect there is a problem decoding the jpg files.
Regards,
-Harlan
Lunieth
Always found this frustrating, so happy with this feature.  Although, the only happens when attachments are changed, took some time to work out.

Just one observation.  I have experienced the occasional crash of tb9 when doing this (updating imported thoughts with multiple attachments to display image icon), but this is very random and I cannot see any pattern in the crashing.
pthompson
Lunieth,

If you can reproduce the crash and send us logs we would appreciate it.
Lunieth
Does this help?

TheBrain 9.0.113.0
2016-09-28 19:44:48
Origin: XWT
System.InvalidOperationException: This Visual is not connected to a PresentationSource.
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.PointToScreen(Point point)
at #m.#7b.#Db(Widget #Ab)
at ##.#30z(Point #Gb, Widget #nc, #SOt )
at #QY.#SOt.#D0(Object #nc, #Saq #oc)
at Xwt.Widget.#kZp(#Saq #ch)
at Xwt.Widget.#WWp.#j0p(#Saq #ch)
at Xwt.WPFBackend.WidgetBackend.#YHx.#lbw()
at ##.#VYq(#J1p #Df, Action )

mcaton
Jonathan - can you take us through a step by step procedure of what you mean by "updating imported thoughts with multiple attachments to display image icon"?  What is your process for updating them?  And are these on thoughts that were imported from a v8 Brain?

Christian - I haven't been able to replicate any issue yet with the single image attachment not showing up for the Though icon.  Can you please include a screenshot?

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Christian - please disregard that request.  Seeing your video/files uploaded to HighTail now...

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software