ChrisCase
Although I have continued to upgrade PB, I still find PB 3  useful for spidering websites, which enables me to make an online brain for navigating my own Apache server music archives on my webserver. I spider the page/site and then import the resultant PB3 file into my up-to-date PB version.

One problem I have, however, is that clicking on a thought does not open it in my default browser, Firefox.  It was opening the links in IE, so I removed that browser from my computer, figuring it would then default to Firefox, which is set as the default browser, but now it doesn't open them at all.

Several queries about this speak of changing the link for browser in the Java configuration control panel,  but there is no such option in Java 7 or 8.  PB 6, which is what I use, opens everything in Firefox without difficulty, however.

Any idea how I can get PB 3 to do likewise?
tcahill
[dusts off old neuron path...] I dimly remember that issue could be fixed by setting your operating system's internet default browser. Can you check to see if Firefox has set itself to be default?
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
ChrisCase
I mentio9ned in my original post that Firefox is the default browser, as well as that I had removed Internet Explorer. I also mentioned that PB 6 opens links in the default browser.  So the problem lies elsewhere.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software