GerSch
Is there someone who is using TB with a Windows 8-Tablet and Touch? How does this feel? What kind of problems are there or not? Using a pen?
ITABWODI
I just started using it on a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2.  The OS is Windows 8 Pro, and the input is both multi-touch and pen stylus.  The biggest issue for me to get used to is not having a hardware keyboard and mouse.  The Brain is installed on the Desktop and works pretty smoothly, but you need to use the built-in Windows software keyboard and/or Ink pad for text input.  I prefer the Ink pad because the text recognition is good enough, and I prefer holding the stylus most times anyway.  Speaking of the stylus, I find it to be easier to use in navigating the Plex becuase it is more precise than finger touch.  The biggest problem is that I cannot figure out how to zoom the Plex in and out without attaching a hardware mouse because I cannot grab the zoom ring on the active thought with the tip of the stylus.  I can do it on my workstation with my Wacom tablet, but not on the Lenovo Tablet PC.  That means my thoughts are stuck at a default size most of the time, which leads to the need for precise tap-clicks to activate thoughts.

I do love having my brain portable and sync-able on a decent sized screen, so I'm putting up with the drawbacks for now.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions.
tonja
Hello ITABWODI,

you was using also the Ink pad text input with the Wacom tablet on your desktop?

Here was the handwriting text-recognition "handy" enough for  a fluent workflow?

Greetings,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software