lanker
As mentioned earlier I am a fan of assigning types to thoughts. With the new thought creation feature this is even easier than it used to be. My typical action is
  • Select F6 for creating a child thought
  • typing in the though title
  • clicking on the new Type field and selecting the desired type
  • selecting the green tick button to save the thought.
Most of the time this works without issue, slow and step by step (as slow that I can watch the processing), but it does it.

Consistently it is not doing me this favour if I am creating jump thoughts and as well if I am using the "," trick to inherit text from the starting thought.

Windows Vista Enterprise SP 2
PB 6.0.1.0-b
J-1.6.0_17

mcaton
I just want to make sure I understand the issue properly.  Are you saying that the selected Thought Type does not appear when creating a Jump thought that contains the "," trick?

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Lanker,

We've just made some changes in these componants in the latest 6.0.1.1 release.  Please try upgrading and let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you,
Matt
lanker
sorry for the late response:

I have upgraded PB and now the assignment works nicely with one interesting exception:
If your text ends with a blank, neither the tag nor the type selection is processed.

As I usually type a blank (space) after a comma, I thought it is related to the comma, but it isn't. Sorry for the wrong hint.

Vista SP 2
PB 6.0.1.2-b
J-1.6.0_20

mcaton
Lanker,

Great discovery!  I have replicated the issue.  Thank you for posting.

Matt
zenrain
Thanks lanker, it has been bugging the heck out of me why it would add vs. not add sometimes.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
Thanks lanker, it has been bugging the heck out of me why it would add vs. not add sometimes.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software