parsec Show full post »
jbennett
parsec wrote:
Still does not work in normal startup. But the issue is only with the 2 brains I have in web brain. My personal brain will add attachments. This could be just a problem with upgraded brains from version 5 or 6 used by version 7.

Interesting.  Try rebuilding the database for one of these brains and see if that resolves the problem.To restore your database: 

1. Type *support* in your Search field
2. Navigate to (File > Utilities > Rebuild Database)

-James

pthompson
sjeeke,

Does this issue occur with every URL you attempt to drag & drop or just the one you mentioned?
sjeeke

Hi Patrick,

This incomplete "parsing" occurs on certain forums. Here is another one:

http://www.aignes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3204 which gets parsed as http://www.website-watcher.com (again the name of the domain and not the topic).

Hope the engineers can help resolve this.

pthompson
sjeeke,

Thank you for the additional information. I'll do some testing on our end and send this over to our developers for review. 

Edit: I was able to replicate the incorrect parsing of some URL attachments and have sent the issue over to our developers for review.
sjeeke
Hi Patrick,

Is there any update if and when this issue of incomplete "parsing" is expected to be resolved as it is close to one year since you posted your last reply and I am adding about 100 thoughts per month with "incomplete parsed URLs".

I also hope that once this issue is resolved that there will be a "rebuild URL" option where incompletely parsed URLs will be reparsed correctly.

Thanks,

S

pthompson
sjeeke,

Our engineers have determined that this is not a bug. There is a "Switch name and label" button in the Thought tab to correct parsing.
sjeeke
Hi Patrick,

I am very surprised to see your response.

You mention that the engineers have determined that this is not a bug but that I tend not to agree.

1) you mentioned in your post of "May 18, 2012 at 08:19 AM"  that you were able to replicate the incorrect parsing of some URL attachments and have sent the issue over to our developers for review.

2) the switch name and label does not do anything to rectify the situation.

3) See screenshot below shows in detail what I am referring to.

Look forward hearing from you.

Cheers,

S
Click image for larger version - Name: 2013-04-17_parsing_problem.png, Views: 45, Size: 169.98 KB
pthompson
sjeeke,

Is this only occurring on forum websites? If so, my first guess as to why this happens is the same reason URLs from webmail do not retain any title metadata: TheBrain is not capable of pulling this information from websites that require a login to view the information it is linking to.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software