I've noticed this morning the 126.96.36.199 Official Release, with its pricing conditions :
From TheBrain 7 License Only
- Free* if a new license was originally purchased after July 15, 2013 (this does not include upgrades)
- $99 if originally purchased before July 15, 2013
No additional purchase or upgrade process is required. Simply install and login to activate.
TheBrain Pro License includes
- Perpetual License for TheBrain 8 Pro
- Does not include cloud services nor future upgrades
While I am enthousiastic about v8 and was waiting to click on the button, I can't help remembering that I paid
150$ for v6 Core
59$ for v7 PRO upgrade
I was expecting something along similar lines, not a whopping 68% increase in the upgrade price.
I am also troubled by the clause "... nor future upgrades".
While my v7 Pro upgrade policy got me nowhere, it's good to know that I will not have to pay for each & every dot-release bugfix of TheBrain.
In other words :
- I find a 68% increase in the price of ANY product quite ridiculous, more so for an upgrade
- I *might* be willing to dish out 99$ instead of 59$, if that will cover all version 8.x upgrades.
If the 99$ only gets me v 8.0.0.x, then no.