Darkstar
Problem:

Instant Search in version 5.0.3.5 (for Windows with indexing library) is broken. It does not show:
  • Parent nodes for identical named thoughts
  • Icons
  • background color
  • Activity bar
This is a VERY severe limitation and loss of an important user feature.

The loss of Parent nodes being listed for identically named thoughts is very bad--- but could be worked around if the ICONS of a thought were shown. But icons are not shown, so there is no way to know which thought is which.

I really don't care about activity bar not being shown. That just gets in the way of seeing the individual entries in Instant Search, so if that was the ONLY item broken in Instant Search, it would be an advancement of usability. But without being able to distinguish between identically named thoughts, Instant Search is effectively useless.

Since the code that displays instant search items seems to use the same bits as Reports, I expect 5.0.3.5 reports are also missing activity bar, but frankly, I didn't use it long enough to find out. Without instant search being useful, I couldn't instantly or near instantly find the exact thought I was after. As a consequence, I've rolled back to 5.0.3.3 Pro.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do for us. I'm sure your crack team of developers will easily be able to correct this, and eagerly look forward to the next release where this issue is fixed.
-Darkstar
zenrain
I haven't been able to replicate this either, sorry.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Moe
Darkstar, Thanks for the post. I was not able to reproduce this either. Can you try installing version 5.0.3.6 and see if this still happens.

Best regards,
Moe

Darkstar
I installed 5.0.3.6, and Instant Search is once again working correctly.

So I went ahead and installed 5.0.3.6 with Indexing (yes, I know I didn't need to, but I wanted to make sure it was ALSO working), and it is working.

Thanks!
-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software