If you are experiencing issues with Google Calendar Sync, please contact support directly at support.thebrain.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org instead of posting the issues here. The issues some users are experiencing are not widespread and contacting support directly with as much information as possible will help us in determining what the cause is.
Most of the problems people are seeing with Google Calendar Sync arise because they are not waiting long enough in between edits and syncing. Another issue is sometimes syncing is not done; Google Calendar Sync is not an automatic process. Anytime a change is made (on TheBrain or on Google Calendar) a manual sync needs to occur by navigating to: (File > Synchronize Calendar with Google Calendar...). We have tested extensively, multiple times, and on multiple machines and see no issue when giving at least 2 minutes between editing and syncing with TheBrain and Google Calendar.
With that said, if you are still seeing inconsistencies, please provide us with as much information as possible so we can try and replicate the problem on our end:
• What type of events are you creating that are not appearing? i.e. Are they repeating events? Events that occur multiple days? Events that run for a certain amount of time?
• Are event(s) created in TheBrain not appearing in Google Calendar? If so, what are the details of the event(s) not appearing?
• Are event(s) created in Google Calendar not appearing in TheBrain? If so, what are the details of the event(s) not appearing?
• Are you sure that synchronization is being manually initiated (File > Synchronize Calendar with Google Calendar...). after each edit?
• Are you attempting to sync with an @gmail.com account or an account used via Google Apps/Google Business Class alternate email?
Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot the issue. Thank you.