Tracy
Watch Now. New Video Tip of the Month

Stay on Top of All Your Events

TheBrain Built-in Calendar &
Google Calendar Sync

Never worry about forgetting important events with TheBrain’s built-in calendar. You can link appointments and key events directly in the context of your projects. Set reminder Thoughts. 

TheBrain also has Google Calendar synchronization so any meeting set up on Google will automatically appear in your Brain and vice-versa. Watch our tip of the month and learn how to stay on top of all your events!

Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
pthompson
If you are experiencing issues with Google Calendar Sync, please contact support directly at support.thebrain.com or by emailing support@thebrain.com instead of posting the issues here. The issues some users are experiencing are not widespread and contacting support directly with as much information as possible will help us in determining what the cause is. 

Most of the problems people are seeing with Google Calendar Sync arise because they are not waiting long enough in between edits and syncing. Another issue is sometimes syncing is not done; Google Calendar Sync is not an automatic process. Anytime a change is made (on TheBrain or on Google Calendar) a manual sync needs to occur by navigating to: (File > Synchronize Calendar with Google Calendar...). We have tested extensively, multiple times, and on multiple machines and see no issue when giving at least 2 minutes between editing and syncing with TheBrain and Google Calendar.

With that said, if you are still seeing inconsistencies, please provide us with as much information as possible so we can try and replicate the problem on our end:

• What type of events are you creating that are not appearing? i.e. Are they repeating events? Events that occur multiple days? Events that run for a certain amount of time?

• Are event(s) created in TheBrain not appearing in Google Calendar? If so, what are the details of the event(s) not appearing?

• Are event(s) created in Google Calendar not appearing in TheBrain? If so, what are the details of the event(s) not appearing?

• Are you sure that synchronization is being manually initiated (File > Synchronize Calendar with Google Calendar...). after each edit?

• Are you attempting to sync with an @gmail.com account or an account used via Google Apps/Google Business Class alternate email?

Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot the issue. Thank you.
Visnet
Patrick,

Thanks for removing my message again.
I wonder why you are treating paying customers this way, while all I do is pointing at real issues here.

Please look at your own statement here. You confirmed there are issues with google calendar less then two weeks ago, now you say there not?
Simply said, nothing you enter in the calendar of the brain reaches google mail.
Synch just ends without message, as if it works one way only.

But I will put another ticket in. I did another issue one too. It is "waiting for customer"for a month, but no questions asked to me so far. I have paid good money but am wondering if I will proceed for another year subscription here as I feel I am getting no support and forum issues are moderated to heavy, not only for me.

Wim
pthompson
Wim,

I never stated there wasn't an issue. I stated that the issue is not widespread, i.e. not everyone is experiencing the issue (which is a critical point). 

pthompson wrote:
The issues some users are experiencing are not widespread and contacting support directly with as much information as possible will help us in determining what the cause is. 

Our engineers are aware this is an issue and are doing everything within their power to resolve it as quickly as possible, but we cannot resolve it without more information from those who are experiencing the issues. Another important factor to share with us that I forgot to mention is whether or not the google account you are using is an @gmail.com account or an account used via Google Apps/Google Business Class alternate email. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software