sjeeke
Hi,

Since this weekend's upgrade to the new forum the option "New Posts" does not work anymore.

Firefox 3.0.7

Any ideas?

Thanks,

S

NorthFarm

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
Steeph
Seems the forum had an 'up'grade and lots of things have broken.
  • Looks horrible
  • Sometimes you get veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery wide pages and a BIG left-right scrollbar
AFAIK there are no improvements or anything, so why this 'up'grade.....

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
twospoons

There seems to be a lot more white space at the top of the pages now, which requires more scrolling to get to the content.

Wes
twospoons

One more thing, why is "Moderators" in bold but the names of the forums don't stand out?  Which would you rather your user's attention be drawn to?

Wes
Antonio68
The name of the moderator in bold is really terrible!

Please come back to the old layout
BrainyBill
Some threads require horizontal scrolling to read.

Browsing with FF3

Bill

Shiiko
A case of...'if it ain't broken....".     Also, clicking on my profile shows no avatar but posting does.
pbmember
It's always tramatic when a Forum makes changes to its appearance. But we always get used to it sooner or later. There are some things I'd like to see done, because I can foresee my coming back here for a long, long time.

I like the idea the "Apple Discussion Forum" implemented, which I think is the most useful feature ever... after you sign in, on EVERY page on the right side is a box with things important to you in it, one of which is MY QUESTIONS. So at any time you can just click on that to immediately see a list of all the questions you've ever asked. That is so important because the answers are so often "technical", things you need to go back to often (at least I do, til I 'catch on'). No more wasting time trying to figure out where your list of questions is in Profile, or Quick Links, or wherever.

I like the blue/white separation between posts on the threads, keeps me oriented. But the blue could be changed to a more mature color. The Forum looked more sophisticated before, now it looks more like my Ukulele Forum. I think a Brain Forum should look as smart as it can. As for the bugs, don't worry, they'll all get worked out.

I have to add, I've been coming back here several times this evening, and the overall look of the Main page is easier to see. I had to sort of 'study' it before, to know where I was on the page. It's clearer now.

Okay just one more thing. Shouldn't there be a "Reply" button at the bottom of the last post, so we don't have to scroll all the way to the top to hit Reply?
MAC User
twospoons

dyslucksia wrote:
I agree, putting the Reply link at the top is so stupid the guy must be just out of web school

The forum "looks" much better today.  I agree there needs to be a reply button at the bottom of the page.

Wes
zenrain
The reply tab at the top is not exactly user friendly.
Until they fix it, I'd recommend using the Home button on your keyboard rather then scrolling. Much easier.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
HanBav
Steeph wrote:
Seems the forum had an 'up'grade and lots of things have broken.
  • Sometimes you get veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery wide pages and a BIG left-right scrollbar

I had these wide pages before and never understood why it was different from one visit to another. Now it seems to be worse. Any way to manage the width of the columns? Sometimes (like today) it is ok in IE but wrong in FF ??
Only thing that helped is show printable version.
... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
Darkstar

pbmember wrote:
... on EVERY page on the right side is a box with things important to you in it, one of which is MY QUESTIONS. So at any time you can just click on that to immediately see a list of all the questions you've ever asked. That is so important because the answers are so often "technical", things you need to go back to often (at least I do, til I 'catch on'). No more wasting time trying to figure out where your list of questions is in Profile, or Quick Links, or wherever.

Click on your name. This brings up the profile.
Click on "Find all posts by ..." to find all your posts.
Click on "Find all threads started by ..." to find all the threads you started --- like most of your questions.

Other ideas--- drag the url of the thread from your browser into your PersonalBrain--- and name the thought with the Question you asked "How do I copy out part of my brain to another brain?"

And if that info is REALLY important to you, then do as Dysluckia suggests in other threads --- copy the important bits into your notes so you will have that information forever in your brain (the forum could go down or get moved in the future, after all).

-Darkstar
Steeph
Ok, the stylesheet and all that seem to be fixed now, looks good.

1. New posts still ain't working though
  2. Reply must be at bottom
  3. Wide page could easily be fixed (at least mostly) by displaying pictures below eachother like it was.
  4. The first new post in a previously read thread button should be at the far left of the index instead of at the far right as it is (and was in the old layout)

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software