bmac
Harlan,

I can now confirm that somewhere from 42XX and 4305 virtual folders have disappeared. The folders are still on my hard drive but PB seems to have forgotten them.

I have set-up the folders again and will monitor them.

BTW - after installing 4306 today the same issue of no D&D occurred. But when I closed PB and restarted, it was back. Why does this just happen immediately after an install?

Bill
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Harlan
What OS are you running? Vista's DnD is notoriously touchy.

Also, what do you mean by "virtual folders have disappeared"? PB stores links to folders just like any other attachment. You can turn off the display of virtual folders via preferences. Perhaps installing the newer version reset your prefs to the default (which is off).
Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
Running Vista Ultimate. I certainly can believe DnD in Vista is touchy. Everything in Vista is Touchy!

in one case there was no evidence that the virtual folder had been there. In a second case, shortcuts were there but they were not pointing to the actual location of the folder (which had not changed).

Where in preferences is the switch to turn on/off the display of virtual folders? I could not locate it a couple of minutes ago.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Harlan

Preferences > Options > Thoughts > Show virtual Thoughts for folders

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software