bmac Show full post »
bmac
Harlan - re the original subject of this thread that PB4 should automatically assign a link when dragging a folder into the brain (to create a virtual folder) regardless what the link preference is:

If the link preference (in preferences) is checked to always move items into PB4 and a folder is dragged into the plex, the folder is no longer a virtual folder because it is now internal, not virtual. Is this not correct?  But in moving a folder into the plex, PB4 still tries to represent that folder as virtual - but it is not.

That's why I am still of the opinion that PB4 should only allow folders dragged in to be linked, not moved.

Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
zenrain
I disagree, I think the functionality should follow the preference as it is currently.
Assigning different functionality for a certain type of dragging seems to be conterintuitive, and also goes against the fact that I set a preference to move things into my brain instead of linking.

I would agree that a folder that is within the PB structure shouldn't appear as a virtual folder, maybe have the standard folder icon instead of a blue one appear to make differentiating them easier than looking at the path.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software