zenrain
After upgrading to 5.0.1.8 I cannot get any other wallpaper except those from the default themes to display. Is anyone else having this issue? Size is 1600 x 1200, I've tested as both .png and .jpg.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jostber
It works fine for me, both from the "Set Theme" option in the menu, and "Select Wallpaper". I did not check the size though.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
zenrain
It must have been a corrupt theme. I set up a new one and it worked just peachy.
Thanks for replying!

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Darkstar

I've been having mixed results on getting 5.0.1.8 to display wallpapers. Some work fine, others won't display at all.

-Darkstar
Moe
Can you guys isolate this to the loading of any particular wallpaper you are choosing?  It looks like this happens after selecting a theme then trying to load a .gif wallpaper that is 1600x1200.  Can you guys confirm this as well.

Best regards,
Moe
Darkstar

Already have Moe. I uploaded the small wallpaper that 5.0.1.8 refuses to display in this thread: http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=3245459

-Darkstar
hherbzilla
I'm having the same issue:
http://screencast.com/t/DZqVuwfp

I've tried images of several different sizes and have not had success with any of them.

Oddly, the wallpaper changes just fine when I switch themes.

Herb
Harlan
I think the wallpaper problem is not actually a problem with the files, but rather something related to how the wallpaper is being set. We'll take care of this soon. Thanks for all the information.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
BTW, you can also copy and image into the clipboard and then right click the background to paste wallpaper. This method should get around this problem in the meantime.
Regards,
-Harlan
ALeggeUp
After some playing around trying to figure out why backgrounds don't seem to load depending on which theme you choose, I found that if you choose a theme that has a solid background ("Background, center" and "Background, top and bottom" are the same), the wallpaper setting is ignored.

If you change one of the colors to anything different, it will show the wallpaper.

mcaton
Thank you for the additional information!  We'll check it out.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software