schulze
Hi everybody,

Brain desktop, latest version keeps forgetting its wallpaper. They are only displayed in the current session. After sync, the online copy will be complete with wallpaper and everything, but the local copy, when restarted, will still be empty. "wallpaper.png" is created, though. The same is true for thumbnails. Webbrain creates and displays thumbnails, but brain desktop ignores them. Didn't we have the same thing some versions earlier?

This only happens to newly created brains. Old brains (v 7 and older) keep their old settings.

Some help would be appreciated.

Greetings,
Joerg.
schulze
More weird wallpaper effects...

I was still working on the issue above, when I copied the brain in question from webbrain to my Surface Windows 8.1 machine. Same result there, at first. Then I tried to assign the wallpaper manually and accidentally hit OK when file selection was pointing to "C:". The selection dialog went away and has never come back since then. I can now try to select a wallpaper from wherever I want, Brain just won't cooperate and ignores me.
Then I did the same thing on my main machine under Windows 7 Prof.: Asked for a wallpaper, selected "C:" in the file selection dialog, hit OK, and the file selection has been to data nirvana ever since. Can you give me my file selection box back?

Oh, and before I forget: On the Surface machine I suddenly have the desired background wallpaper without ever selecting it (which I can't without a dialog). On my main machine I am not so lucky.

This should give your developers some kind of New Year's riddle. Have fun...

Joerg.

Al right, 2 hours later: After Windows restart, wallpaper gone on both machines again. And a thought I deleted weeks ago suddenly reappeared. This product is full of surprises.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software