mctrexler
I've created an extremely simply Brain in order to try and use the Wander function in a video.  Basically 6 parents off the home thought, and up to 4 children off each parent thought.  

Works reasonably well but it tends to get stuck for a while in a particular thought grouping and will run through the 4 children perhaps 3 times before moving to another parent thought.  Not helpful to have the same thoughts popping up over and over in quick succession. 

Is there any kind of a trick to avoid this behavior?  Is it a bug?

Mark

11.87  Windows 10
mcaton
Mark,

The algorithm is completely random.  You're not missing any type of setting to avoid a repeat visit to a recently activated thought.  

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Mark,

Food for thought... if the end result is for a video, the solution may be in the video editing software. I know that I can take a screen capture/recording with Camtasia and then remove the mouse in the video.  Thus, the appearance of Wander would be achieved, but I would be in control of Brain navigation.

Thanks,
Matt
mctrexler

@mcaton

Exactly what I had ended up doing.  Actually has a number of advantages to "wander by intent."   With SnagIt (same company as Camtasia), you can capture your screen without showing cursor at all.  Would still be great if the wander followed something like the invisible thought numbering system that already exists.  TB can order those thoughts by number, why not be able activate those thoughts in the same order?

Cheers!    

mcaton
I'll document the request...

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software