BobBlum Show full post »
mctrexler
[METTA'S QUOTE As for Bob's question, I think his goal was to control the orientation (and the notes placement) in the web client itself, not in an embedded frame.

There are a bunch of reasons to use iframes in terms of providing access to a brain, as opposed to simply sending people to the web client.  So might be a good option for Bob.
metta
Agreed.

Even the simplest iFrame allows TheBrain owner to set push notifications and/or collect email addresses, not to mention controlling the URL for accessing the brain, so this is one approach I will certainly be considering for future brain projects, once the web client is fully functional.
metta
Afterthought....

However, the big disadvantage to using an iFrame to control the display of the plex/notes position is that it precludes the possibility of sending brain visitors to specific thoughts within the brain, since the URL of the brain itself along with the URLs of the individual thoughts are all hidden within the frame.
metta
For those who are interested, here's another more recent discussion about the vertical vs. horizontal orientation in the web client, specifically within an embedded iframe:
http://forums.thebrain.com/post/missing-feature-adding-formatting-options-in-webbrain-embedding-code-9833248
Manni
metta wrote:
Thanks for confirming, Mark. Good to know what was causing the problem.

As for Bob's question, I think his goal was to control the orientation (and the notes placement) in the web client itself, not in an embedded frame.

However, using the iFrame certainly would be an effective work-around for controlling the position of the notes.

I posted here  http://forums.thebrain.com/post/missing-feature-adding-formatting-options-in-webbrain-embedding-code-413-9833248?pid=1305282868&random=30731 a temporary solution to force orientation and ratio of the notes/plex in the embedded brain Ã°Å¸â„¢â€š
TB V10.0.32.0 running in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809 with Bootcamp on a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz.
metta
Many thanks, Manni! This will be a big help to many embedded brain users.

🙂👍
metta
Thanks again, Manni, for alerting us to the addition of this new control feature.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software