macmoudgi
Now thats frustrating....prior to 4.2.1.2 I was facing the problems of missing shortcuts to my attachements in my thoughts. The same I believe was taken care in 4.2.1.2. But guess what...while converting the my brain file in new release the conversion process has deleted all my web links....its frustrating because I had more then 200 links which suddenly I don't have anymore....did anyone face this problem and has the solution to recover my web links.

Guess I should stick the official release ...and stop testing with the beta releases....

Thanks,

Mac
Harlan
Mac,

As far as we know, all problems with missing attachments of any kind during the conversion process from 4.1 have been eliminated. When did you convert this Brain? Did you convert it with PersonalBrain 4.2.1.2?

Do you still have the 4.1 version of that Brain? Can you try converting it again and check if the web links are still missing? Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
macmoudgi
Harlan,

Unfortunately my brain file is of size 3.5 Gig. And my mistake has been that I did not take a backup.So I believe now, I cannot recover those links...as I had migrated to new brain files after conversion and discarded the old one ..on the prompt after conversion....

Thanks,

Mac

macmoudgi
Harlan,

Just found that 4.2.1.2 release is also behaving like the earlier release. Icons are again disappearing from the thoughts when you move your mouse over them......!!!!

Let me know if you need any files or screenshots in order help you to figure out the issue or a bug here..

Thanks,

Mac

macmoudgi
Updates:

When I tried attaching the Web Links to the thoughts where the links were deleted, I got the messaget...the web link is already present. The screen shot of the same is attached. But I don't see the link to my previous url.

Also as mentioned in my previous message also attached are the thoughts with files as attachment, but no icon on the thought.

Thanks,

Mac

Click image for larger version - Name: Web-link.jpg, Views: 133, Size: 15.42 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Thought.jpg, Views: 133, Size: 7.63 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: Thoughtfolder.jpg, Views: 133, Size: 8.13 KB
Harlan
Mac, all the problems you describe are happening because your original conversion that was done with an old version of the beta failed to import all of the attachments. (or rather it did import the attachments, but it didn't associate them with the thoughts).

Unfortunately, since you didn't backup your brain prior to conversion and the conversion failed, you are in a bit of trouble...

The best option for you at this point would be to see if the automatic backup of the 4.1 database is still there are try reverting to that and reconverting using 4.2.1.2. See  instructions here: http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2535085 but you don't have to go back to 4.1 - just reopen again with 4.2.1.2.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software